2015…time to relaunch!

When I drive to my brother’s house I pass a school whose board displays quotes that change regularly. I am always amazed how the quotes are so pertinent to me and often wonder if the person has a direct link to my mind! However, this quote was so apt that I stopped and took a photo as it summed up my 2014…

I started school at the age of 4 and a half and I’ve never left! At the end of 2013 after 28 years straight teaching and losing some special people in my life, I made the decision to take a break in 2014 in the form of a Gap Year.  I saw it as a gift of time and an opportunity to step away from my much loved LRC to stop for a while and recharge my battery.

Things didn’t quite go to plan as far as travelling overseas because my 93 year old grandfather was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer after Christmas. Pop was still living independently in a retirement village on the NSW Central Coast, but would need care and assistance.  I had promised my mum before she passed away that I would look after Pop for her. I was so glad I wasn’t at school and had the opportunity to spend periods of time with Pop, cook his favourite foods while he could still eat and pack up his home before he had to move to a nursing home where he passed away peacefully in September.  A wise friend said to me “Kim, you are where you need to be for now” and I believe that to be true.

However, I still had a wonderful Gap Year that took me to NSW, ACT, WA and parts of my home state in Victoria with adventures and fun along the way…

As the 2015 school year approaches I’ve had time to reflect, possibly reinvent myself a little and I’m definitely recharged, so now it’s time for me to follow the final step and relaunch…

2 thoughts on “2015…time to relaunch!

1. What a difficult year you’ve had Kim, though it seems you are stronger for the time you’ve taken to step back, take time out, share with those you are close to and recharge your battery. May 2015 bring you great returns for the investments made over the last year.

2. Thank you Bev,

My battery is definitely recharged! I’m grateful for the opportunity to take time out and I’m looking forward to what 2015 will bring…